Redevelopment as reinvention
As New Jersey continues to reinvent herself, Castano Quigley has assisted governmental entities, including the Town of Harrison, in converting Brownfields into reusable property.
The New Jersey Law Journal chronicled our success:
Eminent domain is only one phase of Harrison’s redevelopment process that Castano Quigley has conducted. We led the Town through the legal aspects of the “blight” and plan process and successfully defended several court attacks on both. We also participated in the selection of redevelopers and drafted and negotiated all of the redevelopment agreements.
Our experience in redevelopment and eminent domain includes:
- Adoption and implementation of redevelopment plans
- Condemnation litigation and appeals
- Council on Affordable Housing (COAH) process
- Evaluations and appraisals
- Infrastructure agreements
- Redevelopment agreements
- Relocation assistance
- Requirements for sports and entertainment complexes
- Tax abatements