Gregory J. Castano Jr.
- Commercial Litigation
- Eminent Domain
- Municipal Law
Greg Castano Jr. enjoys solving business problems.
He uses his training and experience to create and implement cost-effective and practical solutions to the challenges that businesses and government face every day. These range from routine contract, compliance or employment issues to comprehensive, complex and cutting-edge disputes.
Whether it’s through creative drafting or negotiating or identifying the winning litigation strategy, Greg has a proven track record of success for his clients. While always hopeful that problems can be amicably and economically resolved, his training and experience as an assistant prosecutor give him a real world insight as to how legal issues actually unfold before juries.
Greg has extensive experience in the areas of eminent domain and redevelopment litigation, insurance coverage and defense (including workers compensation insurance coverage cases) and practice before appellate courts. He led the court defense of the Harrison redevelopment process and the eminent domain process praised in the New Jersey Law Journal.
He has consistently earned an AV Preeminent Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating which “is a significant rating accomplishment – a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence.” He has been designated a New Jersey “Super Lawyer” since 2011.
Greg regularly appears in all of New Jersey’s federal and state courts, including the United States District Court, the United States Court of Appeals, the Law and Chancery Divisions of the Superior Court, the Appellate Division and the New Jersey Supreme Court.
• New York
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey
- Mount St. Dominic Academy, Caldwell, New Jersey, Board of Trustees, Finance Committee, 2002-present
- Hudson County Prosecutor’s Office, Assistant Prosecutor, 1993-1996
- Clerkship, Hon. Maurice J. Gallipoli, Assignment Judge, Hudson County, 1992-1993
SETON HALL UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW
SETON HALL PREP
- New Jersey Supreme Court, District Fee Arbitration Committee, Hudson County, 2007-present
- New Jersey Supreme Court, District Ethics Committee, Hudson County, 2002-2006
- Hudson County Bar Association